Our Milestones

1854 IJ Sisters arrived in Singapore
1854 – 1970s Convent, schools & orphanage
1970s – 1995 Convent Orphanage was renamed Infant Jesus Convent Orphanage and Home for Abandoned Babies
1968 – 1980 Girls’ Town
1980 – 2014 IJ Centre at Clementi (Residential Care)
1982 – 1995 IJ Galilee Centre at Jalan Kayu
1983 The convent, schools & orphanage moved out of Victoria Street
1995 Change of Name from Infant Jesus Convent Orphanage and Home for Abandoned Babies to Infant Jesus Homes and Children’s Centres (IJHCC)
1995 – present Galilee Centre at Ang Mo Kio – student care services & preschool programmes
2008 – 2013 OASIS at Clementi Primary School – Student Care service
2012 – 2013 Building of IJ Village – Alteration and additions work at site of IJ Home at 503 Ang Mo Kio St. 13. It was completed end 2013.
2014 – present Restructuring of services for elderly, youth and children.